This privacy statement was most recently updated on May 22, 2012.
What information do we collect?
Although you are required to create an account and share personally identifiable information in order to use CreditQ Social, we do not collect your personally identifiable information for purposes other than the administration of the website. Furthermore, you decide what personal information to share with us, as well as site members and visitors.
Personally Identifiable Information:
- As a registered member of CreditQ Social, you may be required to include personally identifiable information, such as your first and last name, telephone number, address, credit card or PayPal® information, and email address (collectively, “Personally Identifiable Information”) when choosing to register, to purchase through the Service, to participate in promotions, contests, or surveys, or to subscribe to any newsletters or other distribution lists. You may also choose to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information on your personal profile page.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
- CreditQ Social does NOT automatically collect Personally Identifiable Information from your computer when you use our site. However, we do collect a limited amount of information about your visit, including the operating system and browser you are using, as well as the date, time, and pages you visit (collectively, “Non-Personally Identifiable Information”). Collecting this information helps us design the site to suit your needs.
Third-party service-based information:
- This includes linked services (like Facebook or LinkedIn Connect). When you register or log-in to CreditQ Social using a linked service, you’re authorizing to share information about you that is posted elsewhere, with CreditQ Social and its members. When you use these services you agree that CreditQ Social may use information about you provided by Facebook or LinkedIn, including (but is not limited to) your: name, email, gender, birthday, current city, profile picture URL, as well as any additional information that you specifically consent for CreditQ Social to access and use.
- Additionally, CreditQ Social allows third party partners to place session cookies on your computer to collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information such as aggregate use statistics for internal evaluation of the site. For more information, see “Cookies.”
How We Use Your Content and Information
You own the content and information you share and disseminate on CreditQ Social. As such, you are responsible for meeting any applicable rules and guidelines for this content. You may control how your information and content is shared by setting privacy and application settings.
- You give us permission to publish any content covered by intellectual property (IP) rights, including photos and videos, subject to your privacy and application settings.
- Even after you delete intellectual property content, backup copies may persist for a reasonable period of time. These backup copies will not be published or accessible to site members, visitors, or others.
- When you share content using the “Public” setting, you are allowing everyone, including CreditQ Social members, visitors, and even people not affiliated with the website, to potentially access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- CreditQ Social encourages your feedback and other suggestions about your CreditQ Social web site experience. However, we may use your feedback or suggestions for improvement, without any obligation to compensate you for them.
Contests and Sweepstakes
If you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes promotion on the CreditQ Social web site you inherently agree to all rules and requirements of each specific promotion. Participation in such promotions is completely voluntary, and certain personal information collected will be used for contest/sweepstakes eligibility and award notification purposes. Additionally, any personal information collected may be used to send specialized offers and promotions to you. CreditQ Social will never sell or furnish your personal information to third party entities or web sites.
CreditQ Social may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to fill out any forms, profiles, or surveys on CreditQ Social. We will never sell or furnish your personal information to third party entities or web sites.
If you decide to send CreditQ Social correspondence, for example e-mails or letters, or if other users or third parties correspond with us about your activities or postings on CreditQ Social, we may collect and securely store such information.
Newsletters and CAN-SPAM Compliance
Regarding newsletters, CreditQ Social only sends verified, double-opt-in, e-mail correspondence that is requested or solicited on a subscription basis. Subscriptions to CreditQ Social newsletters must be verified by sending an e-mail confirmation to your e-mail address, which requires positive verification before an e-mail address is added to our mailing list. CreditQ Social is fully compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.
Opt-out from E-mail Newsletters and Other Promotions
If you no longer wish to receive a newsletter or other solicited correspondence, you may opt-out by following the instructions accompanying each e-mail newsletter.
"Cookies" are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer's hard drive. Like other social networking sites, CreditQ Social, its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies, may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. CreditQ Social and its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies, gather anonymous information about you through cookie technology on an aggregate level only. Please note that most internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
Ensuring the security and protection of your personal information is important to us. When you sign up for an account on CreditQ Social we use industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
In order to promote the security and safety of all CreditQ Social members and users, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- CreditQ Social is to be used primarily for professional as well as personal use; both types of accounts are allowed.
- Do not engage in and/or encourage any activity that may be unlawful, misleading, or discriminatory.
- Engaging in and/or encouraging any activity that is threatening, hateful, harassing, that incites violence, or that depicts nudity or violence is prohibited.
- Intimidating, bullying, or harassing behavior is prohibited.
- Using another person’s professional or personal information, without their consent (for either professional or personal use), is prohibited.
- Accessing any member’s account information without their consent is prohibited.
- CreditQ Social allows individuals and companies to advertise and promote legitimate business ventures, using lawful actions. However, engaging in multi-level marketing schemes (e.g., Ponzi or pyramid schemes) is prohibited.
- Posting, e-mailing, or otherwise sending unauthorized commercial communications and advertisement (e.g., spam) on the website is prohibited.
- Disabling, impairing, or otherwise altering the functionality of CreditQ Social is prohibited.
- Uploading viruses or malware is prohibited.
- Encouraging or facilitating violations of these guidelines is strictly prohibited.
CreditQ Social is a website created for the purpose of connecting financial professionals with each other, and with any person seeking financial guidance, expertise, and/or services. Certain guidelines are in place to facilitate transparency of activities that take place on the website. Several of these rules govern the creation and use of accounts, including (but not limited to):
- Furnishing false personal information on the website, or creating an account (profile) for any entity other than yourself or business, without permission, is prohibited.
- CreditQ Social allows users to create a personal and professional space that is unique to them. A member may create more than one professional profile, but creating more than one personal profile is discouraged.
- CreditQ Social is restricted to individuals over the age of 18.
- In order to keep your information on CreditQ Social pertinent, we require that you keep all profile information timely and accurate.
- Doing anything to jeopardize the security of your account, including sharing your password, is prohibited.
- We reserve the right to remove any profile information that we believe to be inappropriate.
- We reserve the right to remove any material or content if a company makes a trademark, or other intellectual property, claim.
Collecting Information from Children
CreditQ Social is committed to protecting the privacy of children. We will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information online from children under the age of 18.
Sites linked to CreditQ Social
If you include our Share Link button on your Web site, the following additional terms apply to you:
- We give you permission to use CreditQ Social’s Share Link button so that users can post links or content from your website on CreditQ Social.
- You give us permission to use and allow others to use such links and content on CreditQ Social.
CreditQ Social offers important ways to modify the privacy settings determining who can see your profile, photos, videos, etc. Privacy settings also help you control e-mail and various other notifications, as well as allow you to block other users from accessing your profile and viewing your content. Please use these features responsibly.
RECENT CHANGES TO THIS POLICY:
May 22, 2012: Added a description of the information we receive from third party services such as Facebook or LinkedIn Connect. Added documentation regarding payment information.